Ready to get started?
Once you've registered, you can log-in to your fundraising page for tons of resources such as: painting tips, fundraising ideas and tools, and so much more!
Below are some tools to help you get pumped up to paint your pumpkin purple!
A few Purple Pumpkin Project Ideas:
- Host an in-person or virtual Purple Pumpkin painting party
- At Thanksgiving, ask friends and family to give thanks with a donation in support of your efforts.
- When painting your pumpkin, use epilepsy facts.
- Real pumpkins too messy or no place to display them? No problem! Use one of our pumpkin stencils to make your own paper pumpkin and display it in your window!
Paint your pumpkins and post your pictures. Be sure to tag on Facebook using @EpilepsyFoundationofAmerica and @epilepsyfdn on Instagram and Twitter. Don’t forget to use #PurplePumpkinProject!
How to get started with your fundraising:
- Login to your Participant Center and tell your story! Customize your Personal Page with why you are painting your pumpkin purple, set a fundraising goal, and more.
- Kick-start your fundraising today and make a self-pledge towards your fundraising goal. Show your donors you are passionate about the cause, and they’ll do the same. Use this Donation Form to track any offline donations.
- Send emails from your Participant Center to friends, family and beyond, asking for support. You can use the templated emails found in your Participant Center or write your own!
- Use the Create a Facebook Fundraiser application available through your Participant Center. Connect your other social accounts for seamless updates as you progress! Get your Facebook Fundraiser set up by following this How-To Guide, and find answers to FAQs here.
- Livestream and fundraise your purple pumpkin painting activities by connecting your Twitch or YouTube channel. It’s easy to connect your Participant Center to your streaming channels and fundraise for the cause – more information found here.
- Your donations can go even further with a matching gift! Many employers offer programs to match charitable contributions made by their employees. Check if your employer offers a matching gift here.
Let’s show epilepsy whose boss! Individuals that go above and beyond and raise $1,000 or more will join the Brain Boss Club, and receive special incentives reserved for Brain Boss members only, which includes an invitation to EPICON! EPICON is the first-ever annual Stigma-Busting convention hosted by the Epilepsy Foundation, and is slated for May 13 - May 15, 2022 in Nashville, TN! All of our community is welcome, but those who have raised $1,000 or more to achieve Brain Boss status will receive an exclusive invitation to the convention along with additional perks to attend EPICON! More to come soon.