Fundraising & Incentives
With more than 3.4 million suffering in the U.S., each and every dollar raised at the Walk to END EPILEPSY® helps us lead the fight to overcome the challenges of living with epilepsy and to accelerate therapies to stop seizures, find cures, and save lives.
Individuals who raise $50 or more earn a commemorative Walk to END EPILEPSY T-shirt. Individuals living with epilepsy also receive a separate T-shirt, regardless of how much they've fundraised. T-shirts will be given out at the event, so please plan to join us.
Additional fundraising and participation incentives will be announced throughout the campaign. Check your email for these fun challenges!
Let’s show epilepsy whose boss! Individuals that go above and beyond and raise $1,000 or more will join the Brain Boss Club, and receive special incentives reserved for Brain Boss members only, which includes an invitation to EPICON: the first-ever annual Stigma-Busting convention hosted by the Epilepsy Foundation this Spring 2022! More to details to come about EPICON; learn more about how to achieve Brain Boss status and what you’ll earn here.
Let's get started! Follow these steps to get the most out of your online fundraising efforts:
- Login to your Participant Center and tell your story! Customize your Personal Page with why you walk, set a fundraising goal, and more.
- Kick-start your fundraising today and make a self-pledge towards your fundraising goal. Show your donors you are passionate about the cause, and they’ll do the same. Use this Pledge Form to track any offline donations.
- Send emails from your Participant Center (already written for you!) to friends, family and beyond, asking your network to chip in by pledging to donate for every mile you complete, and every milestone you achieve! You can also receive flat donations, and host events such as a virtual game night or socially distanced garage sale, and more, to raise funds and awareness.
- Use the Create a Facebook Fundraiser application available through your Participant Center. Connect your other social accounts for seamless updates as you progress! Get your Facebook Fundraiser set up by following this How-To Guide, and find answers to FAQs here.
- Live stream and fundraise your walk activities by connecting your Twitch or YouTube channel. It’s easy to connect your Participant Center to your streaming channels and fundraise for the cause – more information found here.
- Your donations can go even further with a matching gift! Many employers offer programs to match charitable contributions made by their employees. Contact your HR department or leadership team to gather more information.
For more tips and tools to fundraise, please review the Resources in your Participant Center as well as this Fundraising Toolkit!