Fundraising & Incentives
With more than 3.4 million suffering in the U.S., each and every dollar raised at the Walk to END EPILEPSY® helps us lead the fight to overcome the challenges of living with epilepsy and to accelerate therapies to stop seizures, find cures, and save lives.
Individuals who raise $50 or more earn a commemorative Walk to END EPILEPSY T-shirt. Individuals living with epilepsy also receive a separate T-shirt, regardless of how much they've fundraised. T-shirts will be mailed directly to you, so it’s important to visit your profile in the Participant Center to confirm that your T-shirt size and mailing address are up to date.
*Individuals that raise $100 or more by April 1, 2021, will receive limited-edition walk socks.
*Teams that raised $1,000 or more by April 1, 2021, will earn the coveted Team Cheer kit, which includes:
- Purple chalk
- Purple bead strand necklace
- Purple hand-clappers
- Printed fillable sign
*All items earned by the April 1 deadline will be shipped to qualifying participants and Team Captains by May 1, 2021. Incentives will be mailed directly to you, so it’s important to visit your profile in the Participant Center to confirm that your mailing address is up to date.
Additional fundraising and participation incentives will be announced throughout the campaign. Check your email for these fun challenges!
Let’s show epilepsy whose boss! Individuals that go above and beyond and raise $1,000 or more will join the Brain Boss Club, and receive special incentives reserved for Brain Boss members only. Learn more about how to achieve Brain Boss status and what you’ll earn here.
Let's get started! Follow these steps to get the most out of your online fundraising efforts:
- Login to your Participant Center and tell your story! Customize your Personal Page with why you walk, set a fundraising goal, and more.
- NEW THIS YEAR! For the historic 2.6 Million Mile Challenge, we are asking every participant to set a goal to walk at least 26 miles, in honor of the 1 in 26 who will be diagnosed with epilepsy in their lifetime, and track their progress via the Activity Tracking panel. Let's get to 2.6 Million Miles, together!
- Kick-start your fundraising today and make a self-pledge towards your fundraising goal. Show your donors you are passionate about the cause, and they’ll do the same. Use this Pledge Form to track any offline donations.
- Send emails from your Participant Center (already written for you!) to friends, family and beyond, asking your network to chip in by pledging to donate for every mile you complete, and every milestone you achieve! You can also receive flat donations, and host events such as a virtual game night or socially distanced garage sale, and more, to raise funds and awareness.
- Use the Create a Facebook Fundraiser application available through your Participant Center. Connect your other social accounts for seamless updates as you progress! Get your Facebook Fundraiser set up by following this How-To Guide, and find answers to FAQs here.
- Live stream and fundraise your walk activities by connecting your Twitch or YouTube channel. It’s easy to connect your Participant Center to your streaming channels and fundraise for the cause – more information found here.
- Your donations can go even further with a matching gift! Many employers offer programs to match charitable contributions made by their employees. Contact your HR department or leadership team to gather more information.
For more tips and tools to fundraise, please review the Resources in your Participant Center as well as this Fundraising Toolkit!