Fundraising & Incentives
With more than 3.4 million suffering in the U.S., each and every dollar raised for the Walk to END EPILEPSY® helps us lead the fight to overcome the challenges of living with epilepsy and to accelerate therapies to stop seizures, find cures, and save lives.
As a thank you for your support, all participants who raise $50 or more earn a commemorative Walk to END EPILEPSY T-shirt. Individuals living with epilepsy also receive a separate T-shirt, regardless of how much they've fundraised. If you choose to forgo your incentive to ensure all of your donations go to support research, education and advocacy efforts, you can join the Mission First Club and decline your gift.
- Individuals that raise $100 or more by March 1, 2022, will receive limited-edition Walk water bottle.
All items earned by the March 1 deadline will be shipped to qualifying participants. Incentives will be mailed directly to you, so it’s important to visit your profile in the Participant Center to confirm that your mailing address is up to date.
- Teams that raise $5,000 or more prior to the June 4, 2022 nationwide livestream celebration event will be recognized at the in-person and Epilepsy Foundation social channels OR at the nationwide livestream celebration event and Epilepsy Foundation social channels.
- Teams that raise $10,000 or more prior to the June 4, 2022 nationwide livestream celebration event will receive the above items for raising $5,000 or more, but will also be featured in a video highlight at the nationwide livestream celebration event if they have raised $10,000 by May 13, 2022.
- Teams that raise $25,000 or more prior to the June 4, 2022 nationwide livestream celebration event will receive the above items for raising $10,000 or more, but will also be featured in an important ad and video highlight during National Epilepsy Awareness Month (NEAM).
Additional fundraising and participation incentives will be announced throughout the campaign. Check your email for these fun challenges!
Let’s show epilepsy whose boss! Individuals that go above and beyond and raise $1,000 or more will join the Brain Boss Club, and receive special incentives reserved for Brain Boss members only, which includes an invitation to EpiCon: the first-ever annual Stigma-Busting convention hosted by the Epilepsy Foundation this Spring 2022! More to details to come about EpiCon; learn more about how to achieve Brain Boss status and what you’ll earn here.
Let's get started! Follow these steps to get the most out of your online fundraising efforts:
- Login to your Participant Center and tell your story! Customize your Personal Page with why you walk, set a fundraising goal, and more to share your passion for the cause with your prospective donors and supporters.
- For the second-annual 2.6 Million Mile Challenge, we are asking every participant - whether walking with us in person or on their own - to make every mile count and track their progress via the Activity Tracking panel. Let's get to 2.6 Million Miles, together!
- Kick-start your fundraising today and make a self-pledge towards your fundraising goal. When you make a personal donation of any amount to demonstrate your commitment to the cause, you will be inspiring confidence and encouraging your donors to do the same. Use this Pledge Form to track any offline donations.
- Send emails from your Participant Center (already written for you!) to friends, family and beyond, asking your network to chip in by pledging to donate for every mile you complete, and every milestone you achieve! You can also receive flat donations, and host events such as a virtual game night or socially distanced garage sale, and more, to raise funds and awareness.
- Use the Create a Facebook Fundraiser application available through your Participant Center. Connect your other social accounts for seamless updates as you progress, and be sure to utilize the Social Media Toolkit to maximize the impact of your network! Get your Facebook Fundraiser set up by following this How-To Guide, and find answers to FAQs here.
- Live stream and fundraise your activities by connecting your Twitch or YouTube channel. It’s easy to connect your Participant Center to your streaming channels and fundraise for the cause – more information found here.
- Your donations can go even further with a matching gift! Many employers offer programs to match charitable contributions made by their employees. Contact your HR department or leadership team to gather more information or use this tool to find out if your workplace will match.
For more tips and tools to fundraise, please review the Resources in your Participant Center as well as this Fundraising Toolkit!