Ready to get started?
Once you've registered, you can log-in to your Participant Center to share your story, ask for support and use the provided resources to start making an impact!
Below are some tools to help you get pumped up to paint your pumpkin purple!
A few Purple Pumpkin Project Ideas:
- Host an in-person or virtual Purple Pumpkin painting party
- At Thanksgiving, ask friends and family to give thanks with a donation in support of your efforts.
- When painting your pumpkin, use epilepsy facts.
- Real pumpkins too messy or no place to display them? No problem! Use one of our pumpkin stencils to make your own paper pumpkin and display it in your window!
Paint your pumpkins and post your pictures. Be sure to tag on Facebook using @EpilepsyFoundationofAmerica and @epilepsyfdn on Instagram and Twitter. Don’t forget to use #PurplePumpkinProject!
How to get started with your fundraising:
- Login to your Participant Center and tell your story! Customize your Personal Page with why you are painting your pumpkin purple, set a fundraising goal, and more.
- Share your personal fundraising page on social media to ask for support using our pre-written social media posts and graphics found in your Participant Center after registering.
- Use the Create a Facebook Fundraiser application available through your Participant Center. Connect your other social accounts for seamless updates as you progress! Get your Facebook Fundraiser set up by following this How-To Guide, and find answers to FAQs here.
- Your donations can go even further with a matching gift! Many employers offer programs to match charitable contributions made by their employees. Check if your employer offers a matching gift here.
Let’s show epilepsy whose boss! Individuals that go above and beyond and raise $1,000 or more will join the Brain Boss Club, and receive special incentives reserved for Brain Boss members only.